I've been looking for constant distractions tonight as an excuse to not work on my paper. I'm having a difficult time just getting my ideas formulated and put onto paper. I'm writing a 15-20 page paper about the use of cognitive behavioral treatment in family therapy with one of my clients. I know this case like the back of my hand and really do not need any documentation to remind me what's been going on over the last 6 or so months. The problem that I'm finding is that I don't know how to put my thoughts into words or coherent sentences that will allow me to get a good grade on my paper. I have 7 pages written so far, so I'm roughly about half-way finished. The sad thing about this paper is this is my "go-to" theory for probably 90% of my papers that I have written in grad school. You would think I would be able to rattle things off and put them into a paper a lot easier than I am. The paper is due on Tuesday...and yes I've had 2.5 months to work on it...but I work better under pressure (or at least I think I do). The problem that I'm having is that I am trying to finish the paper by Friday night so I can spend my Easter weekend with my family and enjoy some time with my husband. He's been really agitated lately because I don't have time for him between school, practicum, papers & homework, and him being gone during the week. I really need to put forth some more effort to let him know that this is only short term stress.
So this is my last week at my practicum. I'm not going to lie...I'm really excited to be done. I'm sad that I won't see some of my coworkers everyday, but I'm glad to be done working for free. I can definitely say that I have learned A LOT from this practicum and the therapist that I have been working with has been phenomenal in helping me to develop skills and work on some of the areas that I have not been very comfortable with. I still don't want to do therapy, but I think I have the skills to be a therapist should that be the only job I'm able to find. Now I just have to finish out the rest of this semester, apply to take my licensing exam, take my licensing exam, and then start looking for a job.
Well I'll update more at a later time, must get ready for bed now!
I hope you finish everything you need to and are able to enjoy some of the weekend! You're almost done!
ReplyDelete