Sunday, August 21, 2011

NKOTBSB

I know I said a month ago that I was getting back on track with my blogging, but I am for sure doing it now.  I still need to go back and talk about things that have happened this summer, but I have to read my last post to do that. 
........
Okay I read it and realized where I left off!  Ha ha I'm lame!  Essentially I left off waiting to talk about the best night of my life...YES it was even better than my wedding day!  On July 16th one of my amazing friends, Alli, and I drove the 2.5 hours to Kansas City (she's pregnant mind you) for a concert....but not just any concert.  The concert of the decade...aka NKOTBSB.  For those who do not know who that is, it's New Kids On The Block & Backstreet Boys.  The concert was AMAZING.  We had floor seats, directly in front of the walk out area of the stage....eh the head of the penis stage.  Yes the stage truly was shaped like a penis.  We got awesome pictures, some video, and got to touch some of the boys! :) Alli and I almost got to go on stage, hand selected by Nick Carter...but the girl right in front of us was wearing a homemade shirt that said "Future Mrs. Carter" on the back.  Lame way to catch his attention...but it did and she went instead.  Alli got to squeeze his shoulder!  So jealous!  We did get to hold hands with Jonathan Knight though.  Alli was got a brief hand squeeze, but I got a good 30 second hand squeeze!  He's not even my favorite New Kid...but he's still a New Kid.  We got to see the fabulous Donnie Wahlberg taking his shirt of and I got a video of him doing the "air humping" as I call it!  I'll post some pictures just to show everyone how fabulously close we were to the stage.  Well worth the $115 for the ticket!  I do have to credit my girl, Alli, for one of the reasons the show was soooooooo amazing.  She and I are both diehard New Kids and diehard BSB fans, so the concert would have been a little lame if she wasn't there with me.  Back when we both work in the same child welfare office together, we'd always run to each others office just to dance and sing to some of their songs!  By the way...Nick Carter has a new solo album out called "I'm Taking Off"....I highly recommend it if you are a BSB fan.  Okay end cheap promo there!  Okay one more cheap plug for the guys...I highly recommend everyone watch Blue Bloods on CBS on Friday nights this fall.  They have recently started filming for their second season and it's an awesome show. 

I'll leave you with a few pictures from the show and then finish my updating in another post (that I'm about to do)!
Me and Alli waiting for the concert to start!

The official sign the show is about to start!
 
All 9 guys coming onto the stage!


NKOTB:  Jordan and Jonathan Knight.

The Knight brothers again.

NKOTB

Overwhelmed with excitement!

Nick Carter and AJ McLean from BSB
BSB:  Nick Carter, Brian Littrell, AJ McLean, Howie Dorough

NKOTB: Donnie, Joey, Jordan, Danny, and Jonathan

BSB jammin' out

BSB

The infamous gorgeous Donnie Wahlberg showing his goods!

Joey McEntire

BSB

Jordan Knight belting out the ending of one of the songs.

All 9 guys together

BSB


Donnie Wahlberg

NKOTB at the end of the show

BSB at the end of the show



Right as the smoke and confetti started to come pouring down on us in the floor seats!

Last song together as NKOTBSB

Ending the show!

Still amped up and excited (with confetti in my hair)!

The final image of the night! 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I was OBSESSED with NKOTB when I was a kiddo, and then BSB in high school. Those are great pictures, glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing concert! Well worth the $115 I spent for the ticket and the like $80 I spent on a shirt, bracelet, and a full color program book! Rumor is they may be doing another tour next year and might record an entire album together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking up on my new year new followers blog hop!
    im too young for nkotb and i was definitely more of an nsync fan. but it looks like you had a blast even though nothing compares to justin timberlakes blonde afro circa 1999

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness....one word...JEALOUS! That is so awesome that you were able to go! Thanks for linking up with the New Year New Followers hop. I'm following you now (as creepy as that sounds!)

    ReplyDelete