This post should be a short post cause I'm tired and need sleep!
School is officially back in session. Our first class online was last week, our first on campus class was today. Both of my classes have 13 students in there (including me) so they will be smaller and more open to discussions that most of us will feel comfortable in. I'm not sure how I feel about the readings and assignments yet, but I have a couple more weeks to make an opinion on those completely.
I start my new practicum tomorrow morning. I'll be there Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 8am-4pm. I'll be working in a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility. I won't put the name due to confidentiality. I'm not 100% positive what I will be doing, but it sounds like I'll be learning intakes, assessments, group therapy, family therapy, individual therapy, maybe some equestrian therapy and stuff with the ropes course. The first few days/weeks will be spent doing orientation type stuff, but hopefully it picks up quickly and I learn quickly. I'm terrified, yet excited at the same time. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment