Sunday, May 1, 2011

Frustrated

Not going to post anything super long or crazy here because I just don't have the energy.  I finally finished everything for my Research Methods and HBSE classes yesterday and last night.  I have spent the last week working on this paper for my HBSE class, and have spent the last 3 days working well into the night (talking 3-4am).  Got everything submitted and was relieved...among other things.  I figured I would take today to clean my house that I've neglected for about 3-4 weeks now...and then tomorrow I would start working on my final paper for my Practice class.  Well Kyle and I were pondering what to do for lunch and I got a dreadful email.  Without going into many details, I may have to find 12 new references and redo my paper that I just submitted.  I have a phone conference with my teacher in the morning to find out what the plan will be.  I'm so frustrated about all of this because the syllabus said we could use this database called 'Social Work Abstracts' and that everything from there would count as a social work reference.  Apparently that's not the case and we were only supposed to use specific social work journals.  I want to just say "oh well" and take the grade that I'll get if I don't change it...but this paper is worth 40% of my grade...meaning if I get lower than a B, I'll get a C or below in the class.  We can be put on academic probation for C's and below.  So I'm going to have to do whatever it takes to fix the paper...hopefully she won't make me do too much to it.  Then on top of everything else...I still have to do my other paper (12-14 pages) and get that finished this week.  I did a lot of crying today because I'm just so frustrated...it's days like this that make me wonder I chose to go to Grad School.

There is so much going on right now though, that I'll have to update tomorrow after I find out what I need to do.  For now I have a horrible sinus/stress headache.  I'm going to play farmville for about 20 minutes and go watch Army Wives.  They always make me smile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment