So Friday was my busy day. I had a doctor's appointment in the morning. Still nothing to help my back or the urology stuff, but the doctor is trying to increase one of my medications to see if it will help with my stomach problems. I assume he is trying to solve one problem at a time, instead of giving me a bunch of medications and then trying to figure out which one wasn't helping. It makes sense, but it still sucks to feel crappy all the time. Just for some background info: my urology problems is recent within the last 6 months. I feel like I always have to pee, even after I literally just went 3 seconds before. It's annoying and causes me to be in the bathroom every 30 minutes to an hour. The back problems have been ongoing since I was a sophomore or junior in college. I had some generalized back pain in high school, but it was nothing serious. Well since my sophomore or junior year in college, I went to a physical therapist for my back, I've been on two different types of muscle relaxers, I've been on narcotic pain pills, I've had an MRI done on my back, I've gone to a pain management doctor and had steroid injections directly into the nerve of my spine (which by the way hurt like a B***H!). Nothing has seemed to help. The recent problem with my back is getting a charlie horse in the muscle directly above my butt crack (ha ha I couldn't think of a better way to describe the location). I get frequent cramps in my back and have back spasms a good 3/4 of the day. The injections helped for about 2 weeks (well the first 3-4 days I was in excruciating pain from the injection site)...but that's about it. While my back pain is horrible, it's livable in comparison with my stomach issues. I've gotten used to always being in pain, so I can deal a while longer. My stomach issues are horrible. I apparently had a really bad gallbladder in 2006/2007 time frame and was not notified by the doctor I was going to at the time...but apparently my ultrasound showed I needed surgery like ASAP. Well a year later I went back to the doctor and saw someone else...all with horrible stomach problems that never went away. She looked at me and asked why I didn't have the surgery like I was supposed to. When she heard me say I never got told about it, we got me into surgery pretty quickly after that. My gallbladder was so enlarged that it had "free floating" organs attached to it. My surgeon said he had never seen one so bad in his career. This guy was pretty old too. He performed surgery on many of my aunts/uncles/mom/grandparents/etc. So it came out and I recovered from the surgery...to learn that my stomach problems are 300% worse than before the gallbladder was removed. So now I keep Imodium with me at all times because everything upsets my stomach (even water) and rushes right through me. It's amazing that I'm a big as I am, considering I don't get to retain the nutrients from my food. So I've had my gallbladder removed, I've had upper and lower GI scopes done, seen a GI specialist...and nobody can figure out what's wrong with me. Ugh!
Okay so back to my story. So went to the doctor and came home to get ready to head out for my busy afternoon and evening. We left town around 2:30pm, even though we were supposed to leave at 2. We went to drop stuff off at my sisters house 2.5 hours away, and got to play with my evil little niece. I swear that child is pure evil. She looks cute as a button, but rest assured she is pure evil!
This picture she is about the age of 2 I think. I made the mistake of letting her honk my horn one time and she tried to take off in my jeep on a regular basis. She figured out that if she hit the gas pedal when I wasn't sitting in the car, it made lovely noises making her think she could drive off. Thankfully she never knew how to put the car in gear!
So we spent about an hour with them and then headed out to my friend's birthday dinner. I got to catch up with some of my sorority sisters, and then I got dirty looks from other sorority sisters. Not that I care though. I gave up trying to impress them a LONG time ago. As much as I regret leaving KU the spring of my Junior year, it was the best decision I could have made. I would have been hospitalized for hurting someone if I would have stuck around. There was a lot of unnecessary drama and hurtful things said by myself and several other people...and I was borderline insane by the time I left there. So I see my friend Becca, who's birthday dinner we were at, about 1-2 times a year now. It's funny b/c she and I were ready to kill each other when I left KU...and she was the bulk of my problem. We can laugh about it now because we are both happily married, and over the drama. I talk to some of the other girls every now and then, but for the most part I don't talk with many sorority sisters. I think I'm outcasted because I didn't finish out and graduate with all of them. Plus many of them come from money and I don't. I'll be honest, we were poor growing up and I'm okay with that. I have a great sense of where my money goes each month and what it takes to make a dollar. So I don't need money and possessions to tell me that I'm worthy. Anywho off that rant! So Kyle finally got to meet Becca and several of the other girls that I still talk to. He did really well with his anxiety and didn't freak out. I could tell by the end of the night that he was spent and ready to go home. We got home around midnight and he went straight to bed. I felt bad because our dogs had been in the kennel since 2 pm, so I stayed up till 2 am just to give them 2 hours to roam around.
So yesterday (Saturday), I felt like crap. My stomach was acting up really bad and nothing would help. So I sat here in my office (right next to the bathroom) and read a blogger friend's blog. I literally read it all day long b/c I'm trying to get caught up from the beginning. I only have a year and a half left to go! ha ha. So last night...I was trying to go to bed around midnight and I kept hearing noises outside. Apparently our city decided to do some construction work in our neighborhood from about midnight till noon today...nonstop. All I heard was a jackhammer 2 doors down all night long. It was RIDICULOUS. I got maybe 2 hours total sleep all night long. I woke up not being able to sleep still and had a migraine headache. I've had the headache all day now and it sucks. I had to miss my friend's baby shower because I just couldn't handle leaving the house and being in the sunlight, around loud people, and doing anything other than lay on the couch. So that's what I've done all day (minus laundry). I have officially gotten nothing done for school or practicum. Ugh tomorrow night is going to SUCK.

Following you from smart and trendy moms.
ReplyDeletePlease follow back - http://www.thechattymommy.com
I look forward to reading your blog.